Search Our Online Database Dating Back To 1839
At Geelong Cemeteries Trust we are very proud to offer families the ability to search the records for their deceased loved ones. This service offers you all of the details you require to visit a loved one or find out more information on the date they passed and where they are buried.
If you have death certificates that state a burial has taken place in one of the Trust cemeteries and it is not listed, please contact us so that this information can be added to our database.
The record returned through this search facility may indicate that either; deceased remains are interred at a specific location, or a memorial only has been placed at that location, or both. Please contact the Trust Office if you have any queries.
Instructions For Search Use:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0
- A cemetery can be selected to begin the search, OR no cemetery selected in which case all names typed in the Name section will be displayed within all Trust cemeteries.
- Name searches will search for all matches that begin with your query. ie. typing JEN will bring up all Surnames like JENKINS, JENKINSON, JENNER, JENNINGS, etc.
- Clicking the Show Map link will then take you to the grave location plan, a listing of others in the grave and a toolbar to see where in the overall plan of the cemetery, the grave is located. Note: The Register Number is ONLY our Cemetery Computer number. It is not the Death Registration number for ordering copies of death certificates!
- Many burial records do not have an exact grave location, therefore the plans will not show these. These records generally have an X in the location. ie. COEO*X***X
If you are unable to view the deceased search page, please turn on Compatibility View
If you have any queries please contact one of our friendly staff members.