Mount Duneed Cemetery
Williams Road, Mount Duneed
The district of Mount Duneed takes in Connewarre and Breamlea. In the early 1850’s land was available for selection and families settled in the district.
In 1864 a meeting was held to establish a cemetery in the district. The nearest cemetery at the time was at Mt. Moriac (originally known as “Duneed Cemetery” until 1864).
Mr. Faraway was appointed Sexton and the first burial took place on the 23rd October 1864.
A “live fence” of South Australian Kangaroo Acacia was planted around the cemetery perimeter. Two lengths of post and rail were erected either side of the gates to enable horses to be tethered.
Click here to view our Brochure.